There’s so much conflicting stuff out there on the net. And most of it’s absolute hogwash. So in this article I want to set the record straight. Let’s delve into the most common misunderstood topics one by one.
1. Dog training takes lots of time
– Simply not true. When you know what you are doing, dog training is actually incredibly simple. You don’t have to spend hours at dog obedience classes, walking around in circles in the rain…this is old school training. For most dogs this is so unnecessary and such a waste of your time. If you are doing this and still struggling at home with your dog then there is simply something going wrong with the basics. Dogs are simple animals, they love to walk and exercise at least once a day but for great periods of time a happy dog will also sleep for long periods. Want the solution? Just keep reading or just <<CLICK HERE>>
2. There is only one pack leader in the home
– Dogs can respect all the humans in the home and see them as the pack leaders if you train them that way. I suggest that you want your dog to respect everyone so that they will listen to commands no matter who’s home or not. That a dog will only have one master is not true. Of course dogs will respect those people who are calm and gentle and actually know what they are doing more than those who don’t. A great site where you can watch how to become the pack leader is Doggy Dan’s dog training site <<CLICK HERE>>
3. Attending puppy school is really important
– Puppy school is not as effective as many owners think. Many puppy schools are simply not a great investment. Far too many rush their new puppies off to the local class where they sit around with a couple of other puppies for an hour a week learning very little. At the end of 4 weeks, owners feel that they have “graduated” from puppy class but have actually learnt nothing more than a “sit” command and met a few other pups. Unfortunately most of the really important training is left out. Getting important knowledge is more important than attending puppy school.
4. Quality dog training is expensive
– One of the best dog and puppy training packages available on the internet is set at a price that anyone can afford. Sadly most people spend a fortune for very poor advice simply because they don’t know where to go to get great training. Many people have spent thousands on pre-puppy school, puppy school, dog obedience classes, agility, dog behaviorists and they still have nightmare issues with their dog. The reason is that they still have not come across any quality dog training. Doggy Dan’s site is one of the best puppy and dog training programs on the market and he has set it at a very reasonable price. To take a look << CLICK HERE>>
5. You can train a dog using only Positive reinforcement
– Positive training is great, however it’s not a complete solution! Sometimes you do also need to step in put a stop to unwanted behavior. The other thing that’s crucial in training your dog is to understand how to gain their respect in a loving and gentle way. This doesn’t mean that you need to shout or hurt you dog but you do need to do more than just reward their good actions. In many ways it’s like training a child, you praise the good however you also need to step in quickly and stop the bad actions maybe using timeout or something that will make a child think twice before doing it again. Positive reinforcement, such as treats, has a place in dog training but too often it’s used incorrectly which creates more problems than it solves.
6. You should never use food treats
– Food treats used at the right time, in the right way, and in the correct situations is one of the post powerful training tools. Doggy Dan has an excellent grasp on how to use treats and demonstrates this throughout his dog training program. With over 250 videos you get to see the few times that he uses them and how effective food treats are, but also you learn the art of fading them out over time. To check out his dog training program << CLICK HERE >>
7. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks
– Dogs are always ready to change at any age. Of course prevention is better than cure and it’s often easier to train a dog correctly from the start. Many older dogs are actually just waiting for you to show them a new way to act. They actually want you to give them the gift of early retirement and allow them to switch off and relax. Of course to do this you first need to know what they are looking for and how to then communicate it to them. And guess what… Doggy Dan’s program shows you exactly how to do it right <<HERE>>
8. Hard work and practice is all you need
– There’s a right way and a wrong way. Very often doing things the wrong way will simply never work. Do it the right way and your dog will respond in a matter of minutes. Dog training is not about hard work, spending hours training your dog. They are smart animals and will listen to you if you’re the pack leader, and understand how to communicate to them. Great dog trainers have learnt to work smart, not hard.
9. Little dogs are easier to train than big dogs
– Size has nothing to do with it. There are very big dogs who are very easy going and not difficult to train and there are some very difficult smaller dogs. Just like people, you can’t generalize how people will behave by their size!
10. Most dogs who cause trouble are stupid.
– Wrong. Most dogs causing trouble are very intelligent, even by a dogs standard. Very often it’s the very clever, determined dogs who refuse to give up that cause us the most frustration. This is where we need to improve our own game and learn a little more about what is really going on with these magnificent creatures.
Feel like you are missing a crucial piece of the jigsaw? Dog not listening? Feel like you are struggling against them the whole time?
To discover the secrets to owning an amazing dog check our Doggy Dan’s exceptional online dog training video website <<CLICK HERE>>